About Me…..The Director’s Cut

My About page doesn’t share too much info about me, so I thought I’d give you some facts.  I’ve got to tell you, talking directly about myself, and not just about my running, feels a little weird.  Stretching outside my comfort zone is a good thing though, right?  And………just in case you want to stretch outside your comfort zone and join me in my angst, I’ve added ten questions you can answer about yourself!

10 Facts About Me:

1. I teach students with learning disabilities and emotional disturbances in an urban school district, just east of Cleveland, Ohio.
  2. I knit in my spare time.  Picked up needles for the first time when I was injured last winter and couldn’t run or exercise.  Great use of down time and very soothing to my nerves.
  3. I love to cook and put myself through college working at restaurants.
  4. I recently became the proud owner of my very own kayak and plan to use it in a kayak triathlon next summer.  I live near channels and small rivers that lead out to Lake Erie, giving me quick access to water.

297126_4651667049380_147871747_n
    Best birthday gift ever!
  5. I read voraciously and enjoy literature of all kinds.  Favorite classic novel:  To Kill a Mockingbird.  Favorite recent literature:  The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
  6. Terrified of medical needles and frequently pass out when I need to have blood work done………but have had 3 body piercings.
  7. Married for almost 11 years.  Two children,  10-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy.  Here are my favorite cheerleaders:

P1030770
    My 3 favorite people on Earth
  8. I consignment and thrift store shop for fun.  Most of my clothing in my wardrobe is vintage or second hand.  Love to find designer brands hidden among the piles of $3 sweaters at my local Goodwill.
  9. I started running in the winter of 2007/2008.   I finished my first 5K in the spring of 2008.
  10. I make every effort to eat locally grown/raised food and meat.  During the summer months I garden and belong to a Community Supported Agriculture group called Fresh Fork Market

601535_4448827658522_1405337517_n
    Fall harvest of butternut squash

Questions for you:

1. Favorite form of exercise?
  2. Favorite vacation spot/getaway location?
  3. Star Wars IV-VI or I-III?
  4. Best meal you’ve ever eaten?
  5. Black Friday shopper-yes or no?
  6. Mac or PC?
  7. Favorite band to see live in concert?
  8. Introvert or Extrovert?
  9. Silver or Gold?
  10. Favorite TV show?
Advertisements

14 thoughts on “About Me…..The Director’s Cut

1. tartanpants December 13, 2012 / 10:03 am

Here we go!
    1. Walking my dog
    2. Elounda in Crete, Greece
    3. 1-111
    4. Just recently in Scotland, a fab chicken salad with a scrummy dressing, followed by the best ever cheese-board, it was simple but sublime!
    5. No
    6. PC but am trying to get round Other Half for a Mac!
    7. Wet Wet Wet
    8. Introvert, am trying to be a little more outgoing via blogging!
    9. Silver
    10 Holby City or any hospital-related show

I have never tried running but I see we have lots of things in common. Your children are just lovely.

• gorunjess December 13, 2012 / 10:07 am

Thank you Yvonne! Lovely to hear from someone outside of the US!

2. Jen December 13, 2012 / 10:25 am

Favorite form of exercise? RUNNING!
    Favorite vacation spot/getaway location? ANY PLACE WITH SUNSHINE
    Star Wars IV-VI or I-III? IV-VI
    Best meal you’ve ever eaten? IHOP pancakes and bacon after my first half-marathon
    Black Friday shopper-yes or no? NO WAY
    Mac or PC? PC
    Favorite band to see live in concert? TORI AMOS
    Introvert or Extrovert? INTRO
    Silver or Gold? SILVER
    Favorite TV show? GAME OF THRONES

Signed up for the Cleveland Half, which will be my second half marathon. I have two young children and work full time too. Looking forward to following your blog!

• gorunjess December 13, 2012 / 10:30 am

Thanks Jen! Good luck on your half-marathon training! Training with kiddos is always a challenge.

3. stephcharles December 13, 2012 / 12:01 pm

1. RUNNING 🙂
    2. Outer Banks, NC
    3. Star Wars I-III
    4. Mom’s homemade chicken paprikash
    5. Depends on the deals 🙂
    6. PC
    7. Hmm, haven’t really been to enough to have a fave
    8. Introvert, mostly
    9. Both, please! Toss diamonds in while we’re at it.
    10. I don’t have cable, but I love to watch documentaries.

• gorunjess December 13, 2012 / 12:54 pm

Nice to “meet” you Stephanie!

4. Happy Camper December 13, 2012 / 6:27 pm

My answers-
    1.Favorite form of exercise? Working in yard
    2.Favorite vacation spot/getaway location? Lake Erie Islands
    3.Star Wars IV-VI or I-III? None of them
    4.Best meal you’ve ever eaten? Steaks while camping
    5.Black Friday shopper-yes or no? No way
    6.Mac or PC? Which ever is available, but more comfortable on PC
    7.Favorite band to see live in concert? Allman Brothers
    8.Introvert or Extrovert? Mostly extro
    9.Silver or Gold? Platium!
    10.Favorite TV show? Big Bang Theory

• gorunjess December 13, 2012 / 6:32 pm

Love the screen name! 🙂

5. Brian @ RunSwanson December 13, 2012 / 10:02 pm

1. Running!
    2. Camping, doesn’t matter where
    3. Probably I-III but both are great
    4. Never Ending Pasta Bowl at The Olive Garden!!
    5. Yes, absolutely!
    6. PC
    7. No idea
    8. Introvert
    9. Ummm gold I guess…
    10. Parks and Recreation

• gorunjess December 14, 2012 / 6:58 am

Brian, I love your blog title! My husband and I watch Parks and Rec together every week. I dream of getting a DJ Roomba for Christmas. 🙂

6. michads December 14, 2012 / 11:05 pm

Hey Jess!
    1 – Running! (Suprised huh?)
    2 – haven’t found one yet :-/
    3 – 1-111
    4 – wow. Tough one! Can’t narrow that down!
    5 – nope
    6 – PC but toying with MAC
    7 – not much if a concert goer – but favorite was Depeche Mode
    8 – somewhere in between I think
    9 – silver
    10 – Big Bang Theory

Have fun kayaking!!

7. Jim Brennan December 16, 2012 / 1:52 pm

Ok, I coached Special Olympics for years and my kids bought me a kayak for my first retirement, oh… and I’ve run my entire life, so there are a few common threads. You have a great fan club there, they will one day join you. I’ve run races and cycled long distance with every one of my four children. Now,
    1. Running – Dah
    2. High elevations, sea level, everywhere in between
    3. never really got that star wars thing
    4. anything Mexican, especially Elote
    5. NO
    6. PC
    7. Springstein
    8. funny thing, I’d tested both on Myers-Briggs personality test? Once had an occupational psychologist tell me after reviewing a slew of test scores that I am basically unemployable.
    9. Silver
    10. Seinfeld

8. Renessa January 11, 2013 / 8:35 pm

1. Running
    2. Roatan, Honduras (so far)
    3. Not a Star Wars fan
    4. Probably any big family dinners: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter
    5. Black Friday shopper-yes
    6. PC
    7. I’m a music junkie… so anything
    8. Introvert
    9. Silver
    10. It changes but Misfits for the last year or so

• gorunjess January 11, 2013 / 9:08 pm

Renessa, So nice to “meet” you online! I believe you live in my hometown-I grew up on Euclid Avenue in Wickliffe. Happy Running!