A few weeks back, when I had a blast at the Believe in CLE yoga event, I met Jarred Smith, co-founder of the Nooma sports drink company. I sampled Nooma at the event, set the container down, and immediately sent my husband to get his own sample. If you read regularly, you know that I don’t do giveaways often, don’t go nuts over any particular brand names and don’t endorse a company lightly. But after Phil and I both ooohhhed & ahhhed over this drink, I jumped up from my mat and asked Jarred if he would consider partnering with me to do a giveaway on my blog.
Here’s what I love about this particular sports drink and why I think you’ll love it too:
- First, these guys are local. This company was born in my beloved Cleveland and I’m thrilled to support their growth.
- Second, I tasted the Mint Cocoa flavor drink and it was like drinking the lightest, most refreshing version of a thin mint cookie. This was not your typical electrolyte drink. The other flavors sounded just as interesting, but I stopped myself from emptying their supply of samples that night. You can check out Banana Berry, Mangosteen or Cherry too.
- The nutrition label did not terrify me. No strange names of colors or dyes. No 30 grams of sugar. And 11 ounces for 25 calories. Was this stuff too good to be true?
When I contacted Jarred and his brother Brandon for more info, here’s what they shared. I love their enthusiasm and second their issues with the negative side effects of other electrolyte drinks!
“NOOMA is an electrolyte hydration drink started by two brothers, Brandon and Jarred, right here in Cleveland! As college hockey players they started getting free sports drinks and were having terrible issues with them. Aside from the all the sugars, calories and unnatural ingredients, they were having problems with the citric acid preservatives. It was giving them acid reflux in addition to the bad syrupy drinkablity. NOOMA is packaged aseptically so it doesn’t need any acid preservatives, giving it a light smooth taste. It also delivers a great electrolyte mix with high potassium and low sodium in a formula with 1 gram of cane sugar, 25 calories and all natural flavors.”
Nooma is available locally in Heinen’s grocery stores, but I’d like to get it in to your hands no matter where you live. Nooma has agreed to ship 2 winners a 12-pack of their choice of flavor if you win the giveaway below. That’s a $24 box of healthy deliciousness coming your way. Here’s how to enter:
- Leave me a comment below telling me which flavor of Nooma you would like to win! (1 entry)
- Follow @Go_Run_Jess & @drinkNOOMA on Twitter. Leave a comment saying you did. (1 entry)
- Follow drinknooma on Instagram. Leave a comment saying you did. (1 entry)
- Like Drink Nooma on Facebook. Leave a comment saying you did (1 entry)
- Tweet about the entry: “I want to win a case of @drinkNOOMA Fitness Hydration Beverage from @Go_Run_Jess! #yourbodyknows http://wp.me/p2FDy4-fa” (1 entry per Tweet, per day)
The contest will close on Monday, March 10th at 11:59pm and the winner will be announced Tuesday morning on the blog and Twitter. Winner must provide valid shipping address via email in order to receive product.