Phil & I are on Day 5 of our 2nd Whole 30 experience and I’ve just started to shake off the no-sugar feelings. Even though I had not re-introduced a dramatic amount of gluten or sugar in to my diet, I’m still surprised at what the first few days of being without it feel like. A bit headachy, a little forgetful, and sleepy – but I’m good by Day 4 or 5, just like the first time.
Quick post today, with some link love to my favorite things right now!
- My sentimental self did not want to wash my numbers off after my latest triathlon, but I relented and used my favorite cheap solution to getting permanent marker off my skin – generic baby oil on a cotton ball. Rub and voila! marker disappears.
- No, that’s not a restaurant salad – I made that! That’s a giant Pampered Chef dish, romaine lettuce, poached chicken, fresh fruit and walnuts. Top with your favorite dressing – my family loves Poppy Seed and I’m obsessed with finding a recipe that will let me make it without a ton of added sugar. I swear by this poached chicken method – try it out and tell me what you think. Great way to have some chicken in the fridge for nights when you don’t have time to make dinner.
- My new Skora running shoes arrived! They were 70% off and I scored them for $35! Whoop-whoop! I love them and have started going sock-less while wearing them. All Skora shoes are designed to be worn with or without socks, so I’m giving it a shot. Check them out!
- It’s half marathon training time! I’m running two races in October – more about that in another post – but one of them is the Lucy Town Half Marathon in Jamestown, NY – birthplace of the one and only red-haired lady that made me laugh while I watched Nick at Night growing up. The race is in its 2nd year and I’m so excited to be blogging for them and sharing my training along the way. Western NY in October is beautiful. I’m looking forward to being a bit of a “leaf-looker” while I’m there and enjoying the scenery during the race.
- I’m working during this Whole 30 to try things I always swore I would and homemade almond milk is on the list. Coconut milk is great, but I’m dreaming of an almond iced coffee and hoping to make that dream come true after this milk is done. Oh, and I made homemade almond butter this morning.
Happy Friday! Are you doing a Whole 30? How did your first week go? I’d love to hear about it!