Hello all! I’m back to blogging after a bit of a break and have so much to share with you. First, and foremost, I’d like to invite you to join me in a 30 Day Spending Freeze Challenge that I’ll be hosting here on my blog. Want to join in? Here’s what to expect:
- No policing. I will not be at your house watching to see whether or not you don’t participate every one of the 30 days. Participate when and however you can. If you’re new to spending fasts you can read my recent blog post about our last household fast. Dip your toes in for this one – go all in and participate all 30 days – or start with a week and see how it goes.
- A daily (short) blog post from me about a topic connected to the challenge. Spoiler alert – one of them will address our daily coffee spending habits, others will help give you tools to avoid the drive thru dinner dilemma.
- No extreme requirements. I’ve read about, and considered, extreme spending fasts and they are not for me. I can not possibly survive with only one tank of gas for the month, I do not have the storage space in my house to shop for and feed my family with one trip to the grocery store for the next 30 days. We’ll focus on small changes that can, when put together, have a big impact on your credit card bill or your bank account balance.
- A healthy dose of humor, realism and compassion. Managing a household is tough work – kids, pets, busy schedules – it can make for a stressful existence. I don’t want to add to your stress – I’d like to ease it.
- A place to share your thoughts and meet other people participating in the challenge. If you’d like – and no pressure! – you can join the Facebook page I’ve created for the challenge.
Sign up to follow the blog via email on the left side bar and you’ll get daily emails from me in your inbox. Or stop back when you can to visit!